Sunday, January 07, 2007

43rd Ward Candidate Forums

By request, upcoming forums and other events for 43rd Ward aldermanic candidates (yes, me too):

Thursday, Jan. 11, 6-8 p.m. IVI-IPO "Meet and Greet the Candidates" at Excalibur, $50.

Thursday, Jan. 11, 8 p.m. Wrightwood Neighbors Assn., Sheffield Neighbors Assn., RANCH Triangle Assn., League of Women Voters candidate forum for 43rd Ward candidates, at DePaul Cortelyou Commons. (32nd Ward candidates precede us at 7 p.m.)

Monday, Jan. 22, 6 p.m., IVI-IPO endorsement session, at Lincoln Park Library.

Saturday, Jan. 27, 10 a.m. Citizen Action endorsement session, at the Chicago Hilton, 720 S. Michigan.

Thursday, Feb. 1, Mid-North Assn., Park West Community Assn., Diversey Harbor-Lakeview Assn. candidate forum, probably at the Notebaert Nature Museum.

Thursday, Feb. 15, 7-8:30 p.m. Lakeview Action Coalition, United Power for Action and Justice, Jane Addams Senior Center, Metro Seniors in Action candidate forum, at Church of Our Savior.

Friday, Feb. 16, 3:30 p.m., Abraham annual dental checkup. Hey, how did that get in here?!

There are also articles expected from Inside and Old Town Triangle Association. That's all I know of so far. I also will be posting my position papers and also questionnaires solicited by various organizations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lost! You lost big. You lost very big. A homeless man did better then you. Yes homeless. Looks like the residents of your ward -- strike that, the ward you live in -- did your stoop.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Peter Zelchenko said...

I'm not sure what you mean, and I really don't understand how anyone can be so angry about this, so vindictive, that he or she would feel the need to vent in this way. I did my part, and it involved an extraordinary amount of hard work. And that's all I've ever done.

If I didn't even come close to winning, perhaps it's because I didn't come close to selling out - never once in my life. I feel that's a net plus. If you can say the same about yourself, then why not come forward and be counted?

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home